''Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do "
Jesus said this just before he died, having suffered more cruelty than most of us could ever comprehend.
We might say to ourselves, ''Well, I didn't do it, did I! I wasn't there!
I believe that in his agony in the garden, rather than his own agony to come, he felt the pain, the suffering and struggles, the cruelty and wickedness that ever had been, was then being and always would be perpetrated, many against many, the inhumanity that exists within the nature of mankind.
All of us, given our imperfect nature, will have often, even if unintentionally, wounded others, so are a part of the pain that Jesus suffered,
By having gone through the most unimaginable agony, yet still able to gasp out, in his dying breaths, those amazing words of forgiveness, we are assured that nothing can separate us from the love of God, Our Father, demonstrated by Jesus, the Son of God and sent by God to show us that.
We will never be rejected by God. It is only we who can separate ourselves from God. We can only receive the forgiveness of God by knowing we need it.
No comments:
Post a Comment